Course Name: Rifle Marksmanship-Hunting
Contractor name: 540 Tactical Solutions
Brief description: Rifle Marksmanship-Hunting (RM-H) is an intermediate level rifle course that builds upon the skills taught in Rifle Marksmanship-1 and 2, including the essential fundamentals of both safe gun handling and even more advanced marksmanship skills. Let’s face it, hunting presents challenges beyond the range and we have a course specifically designed to help meet those specific challenges.
Participants will use the skills learned in Rifle Marksmanship-1 and 2 and learn how to apply these in unconventional positions utilizing packs, sticks and trees. This course is 4 hours.
- Successful completion of Rifle Marksmanship-1 is required. Rifle Marksmanship-2 recommended or have intermediate level marksmanship skills.
- Please bring all rifles to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
- Must be 10 years of age unless otherwise approved.
- Must be legally able to possess a rifle.
- Any centerfire rifle in good working condition – no sharing of rifles permitted between students.
- 75 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
- Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
- Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
- Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
- A shooting mat or carpet strip.
- Water & a high protein snack.
- Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
- Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.
Prerequisites: Positive attitude and a safe mindset