Defensive Handgun 3 (DH-3): Successful completion of Defensive Handgun-2 (DH-2) is required to attend Defensive Handgun 3. This is an intermediate level defensive handgun course designed to build upon the skills learned in Defensive Handgun-2. In addition to honing the skills learned in Defensive Handgun-2, you will be introduced to more advanced skills that may be required in a defensive encounter. The course ends with each student having the opportunity to shoot the same course of fire required by the Oregon Department of Public Safety and Standards (DPSST) of all Certified Firearms Instructors. This course is 8 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:
• Defensive Handgun-2 review
• Malfunction drills
• Basic tactical movement
• Team tactics
• Close quarter firing options
• Precision drills
• Extended fields of fire (25 yards)
• Use of cover and concealment
• Tactical shooting positions
• Timed courses of fire
• Please bring all handguns to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
• Must be 21 years of age unless otherwise approved.
• Must be legally able to own and possess a handgun.
• Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
• A defensive type handgun in good working condition- no sharing of handguns permitted between students – ideally, we suggest the gun you use for personal/home defense.
• OWB Holster that is designed for the handgun you bring- kydex style retention holsters are strongly recommended.
• 300 rounds of factory new ammunition- ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS.
• Three magazines for a semi-automatic handgun or 2 speed loaders for a revolver.
• Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
• Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
• Belt (for your holster).
• Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
• Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
• Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.