Defensive Carbine 1 (DC-1): This is a basic level course designed to provide shooters with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for utilizing a carbine for defensive purposes safely. This course is 8 hours.
The skills covered in this class are:.
• 4 firearms safety rules and how they apply in any defensive encounter
• 5 fundamentals of accurate shooting
• Zeroing fundamentals w/ optic and BUIS
• Multiple skills drills
• Initial load sequence (Administrative), Combat and Tactical reloads
• Malfunction drills
• Various shooting positions including standing, kneeling, sitting and prone
• Please bring all carbines to class completely unloaded and in a case or gun bag and leave them there until instructed.
• Must be 18 years of age unless otherwise approved.
• Must be legally able to own and possess a carbine.
• Must be able to provide photo identification to verify age and residency.
• A carbine in good working condition- no sharing of carbines permitted between students.
• Your carbine must have a sling – single, 2 point or 3 point are fine
• 3 magazines
• 300 rounds of factory new ammunition. ABSOLUTELY NO RELOADS, INCENDIARY OR TRACER ROUNDS
• Approved shooting safety glasses- must fit over regular eyeglasses if you wear them. No safety goggles permitted.
• Hearing protection- muffs preferred.
• Baseball style cap with a bill (protects your face from flying brass).
• Dress comfortable for indoors and outdoors wear layered clothes during winter months for outdoor courses.
• Sturdy outdoor type shoes/boots for gravel and grass. No sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes.